Cloud Computing is a revolution in the IT world that has changed the meaning of IT resources for businesses. In simple terms, cloud computing is related to the delivery of cloud computing services – storage, compute, networking, database, and more over the internet. Cloud storage is what we have adopted intentionally or unintentionally; there is a buzz all around about the free cloud storage solutions. The cloud storages have nowadays become a prized possession for very small and large business groups. The businesses try not to rely on hardware that is costly and thereby want to switch their data to the best free cloud storage available. But there are many businesses that have a very less knowledge of cloud storage and hence are surrounded by the blind beliefs of the traditional storage devices.
Preparing to become a certified cloud professional? Check our Cloud Certifications Training Courses now!To benefit such businesses, we have compiled this blog to help them understand what is cloud storage and what are the best cloud storage options available for their businesses. Let’s get started!
What is Cloud Storage?The traditional methods of storing data such as hard drives and pen drives or any other storage device have a lot of advantages associated. But once the storage device gets corrupted all the data stored gets lost. Hence the virtual cloud storage is a replica of the traditional storage devices where the users can store their data and keep their backup files on hardware and USB flash drives. The IT sectors are always stressed out when it’s time for them to switch over to new software or technologies as this makes them hire more employees, but with the best free cloud storage available, the investment of the IT sectors has reduced comparatively. The best free cloud storage club members have introduced many free plans for businesses to ease their search for free storage.
List of Top 10 Free Cloud Storage Available in 2019There are a number of free cloud storage options available these days. These cloud storage are easy to use and provide free storage space up to 50GB. These storage solutions can be used for personal as well as business storage. All you need is get some basic knowledge about these free cloud storage and choose the most suitable one. Here we bring the list of the best free cloud storage, let’s dive deep to know more about these cloud storage solutions.
1. Google DriveAs we know all online storage works the same way i.e. we use a file, store on the web, and sync it in our computers. But there are many standing features of Google Drive that makes it special among all the other cloud storage because it lets the users store their personal stuff in a personal way and moreover the Google free cloud storage provides with an excellent free storage of 15GB and is one of the best cloud storage. The Google Drive offline services help its users to view all the files and photos that are saved online even when they have a bad network service. Scanning documents have now become much easier by just taking a snap of the document and the rest is done by the drive like storing them in PDF form. Google free cloud storage is considered the best which is integrated with all other Google services.
Recommended Reading: Introduction to Cloud Computing
2. Media FireMedia Fire is easy to use and one of the best free cloud storage used for storing documents and photos online. The initial free storage that media fire provides is 10GB but their incredible feature is that the free storage can be increased up to 50 GB. This cloud storage has many features which has made handling of files easier. Media fire has made possible uploading multiple files at once from any browser which is a unique feature and makes it different from the others. Organizing files in the file manager of Media Fire have become easier. Searching for something that gives a perfect personal document features? The Media Fire is here to ease your search as it helps the users in sending documents with a specialized and free one time link which enables the recipients to share it further.
3. Sync.comThis is also one of the other best free cloud storage available. Syn.com provides a free storage of about 5GB. It has become quite easy to back up files with Sync.com only when the users have used something better than the sync folder because exploring the sync.com web panel which offers incredible features is productive. The best feature of the Sync.com is the restoring of deleted files and thereby stops users from regretting for mysteriously lost important documents. Get free space feature is the most excellent feature that syn.com offers. If a user wants to get a bit more space for files and photos what is to be done is tell a friend about Sync and the number of friends signs up for sync gets a free gigabyte along with the user who recommends it to others. The Sync Vault is a feature which helps the users to save files and documents in a special storage space known as Vault which is different from the Sync folder and all that is required to be done just select a file and choose the option of Copy to Vault and your important data gets a backup.
4. MegaThe Mega cloud storage is a great storage space which is much similar to the dropbox storage but the difference between the two is the amount of the space that both the cloud storage provides. 50GB of free space is available for the Mega cloud storage users. Mega cloud storage helps users to download multiple files in the zip file and uploading files through the mobile app is also possible. The unbeatable storage of 50GB has made it among one of the popular free cloud storage available and has attracted a large number of users towards Mega cloud storage. The users who are searching for an excellent backup file option should definitely sign up Mega cloud storage as it only provides with the best storage but also with the many security features.
Also Read: Latest Cloud Computing Trends in 2019
5. DropboxThis is one of the powerful and latest free cloud storage compared to all other cloud storages because of its great back up features. Any type of small and large powerpoint presentations, photos, videos or maybe even other large CAD files can be safely kept in the Dropbox. Dropbox provides the users with easy sync features that help to access the files and documents to the Dropbox from any device. Dropbox free storage provides users with many features that are extremely helpful. One of the helpful features is that a user can protect all the files and documents in a lost device by clearing the documents from the device with the remote wipe feature that it provides. Dropbox free storage offers a good storage space (2GB) that is free but in case of users are in need of more space, there are many plans that can help them to get the desired storage of their choice.
6. pCloudpCloud is one of the best free cloud storage options that provides 2TB storage and its unlimited remote upload traffic feature makes it unique. It offers 10GB of free storage space to its basic accounts. Resizing pictures on the go without the help of software has now become much easier with my.pCloud, which provides with a wide range of resizing options for its users. The archive features the pCloud offers is amazing as files can be archived with the create archive option that it provides. The pCloud drive has an option that helps the users automatically lock the crypto folders each and every time they log off from the device.
7. OneDriveKeeping documents and files within reach has become possible with the top free cloud storage solutions such as Microsoft OneDrive. Signing up with Microsoft can help users in keeping everything in one place. It earlier provided 15GB of free space to the users but has now reduced to 5GB. It can be accessed from any device at any point of time but is pre-installed in windows. This cloud storage is considered to be the second most wanted storage among businessman after the Dropbox storage cloud. The main disadvantage of outlook was the user frustration of saving attachments from emails because of the number of steps that involved but it has now become easier for the businesses to choose email attachments and save it directly in folders. Now it has also become easier to create excel surveys and save it in OneDrive.
Must Read: Top 5 Cloud Computing Certifications